- Complete offering of surgical procedures, performed by our veterinarians and board-certified specialists, ranging from basic to complicated procedures:
- Spay (Ovariohysterectomy)
- Neuter (Castration)
- C-section (Caesarian Section)
- Tumor Removal (Excisional Biopsy)
- Eye Surgery (Cornea, Lid, Enucleation, Etc.)
- Ear Surgery (Hematoma Repair, Etc.)
- Abdominal surgery (Splenectomy, Foreign Body Removal, Exploratory, Etc.)
- Bladder Surgery (Cystotomy)
- Orthopedic surgery (ACL Repair, Fractures, Etc.)
- State-of-the-art surgery suite with advanced monitoring equipment
- AAHA-accredited facility ensures the highest standards for surgery suite sterility
- Comprehensive post-op care and rehabilitation treatments available
Just like humans, from time to time, pets can become injured or ill and may require surgery. While many pet owners think veterinary surgery options are limited to spays and neuters, in fact, there is an wide variety of surgical procedures that can be performed to improve an animal’s health and overall quality of life.
At Calusa Veterinary Center, we are able to offer a suite of veterinary surgery services that few practices in the country are able to match. In addition to our state-of-the-art surgery suite, complete with advanced monitoring equipment and other modern surgical equipment, our AAHA accreditation means that we have surgery suite sterility measures in place to greatly minimize risk of infection. Furthermore, our veterinary team has decades of training to quickly and confidently address any complications that might arise during a procedure. At Calusa Veterinary Center, we strive to ensure that your pet is provided the very best care before, during and after these complicated procedures.
For those pets requiring challenging, advance procedures, Calusa has close working relationships with some of Florida’s top board-certified veterinary surgeons. These relationships allow pet owners to have premier surgeons perform procedures on their pets at our facility without unnecessary and potentially dangerous transfers between hospitals. The benefit of these arrangements is that your pet can have surgery performed by some of the most experienced veterinarians in the country and then recuperate under the watchful care of our exceptional nursing and team.
Unlike most practices, Calusa also houses its own rehabilitation center. With on-site rehab offerings, your pet can instantly begin rehabilitation to aid in the recovery process.
If you are interested in learning more about Calusa Veterinary Center’s surgery and rehabilitation offerings, please do not hesitate to contact us to speak with one of our veterinarians.